Knowledge hub

SEPARATE project

The SEPARATE project is a private initiative aiming to remove non/technical barriers to market replication of an innovative waste separation and cleaning process that improves the quality of bio/waste stemming from Municipal Solid Waste and separate bio/waste collection. This project is co/funded by the Eco/innovation initiative of the European Union. The proposed technical solution consists of two innovative technologies working in an integrated system that firstly separates incoming MSW (or other potentially polluted organic waste) with a high-pressure hydraulic press into a wet organic fraction and a dry non-organic fraction with an efficiency of 98%. In the next steps, the organic fraction is further cleaned in a cleaning system and a series of sink tanks leaving only 0.5-2% of impurities in the organic material.